4. HOW WILL I KNOW HOW MY CHILD IS DOING AND HOW WILL THE SCHOOL HELP ME TO SUPPORT MY CHILD’S LEARNING?
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES WILL THERE BE FOR ME TO DISCUSS MY CHILD’S PROGRESS?
· You are welcome to make an appointment to meet with either the class teacher or SENCo at any time throughout the year and discuss how your child is getting on. We can offer advice and practical ways that you can help to support your child at home;
· Every child has a home/school reading diary where parents and school can communicate in ‘informal’ written form. These books are checked by school staff as often as possible;
· Your child may have an Individual Pupil Plan (IPP) that will have individual targets. This is shared with you on at least a termly basis and parents are provided with a copy. The conversation will also provide suggestions as to how you can support your child’s learning at home. This may be at Parents’ Evening;
· When the child’s IPP is reviewed, comments are made against each target to show what progress the child has made;
· If your child has complex SEND they may have a Statement of SEN or EHCP. In such instances a formal meeting will take place to discuss your child’s progress and a report will be written at least annually.