2. HOW WILL THE SCHOOL SUPPORT MY CHILD?
WHO WILL OVERSEE, PLAN AND WORK WITH MY CHILD AND HOW OFTEN?
- The class teacher will oversee, plan and work with each child with SEND in their class to ensure that appropriate progress is made in every area
- Our SENCo and Headteacher oversee the progress of any child identified as having SEND
- There may be a Teaching Assistant working with your child either individually or as part of a group. The content of this support will be explained to parents when support begins, as part of a child’s bespoke programme of learning and is reviewed and updated during termly pupil progress meetings.
WHO WILL EXPLAIN THIS TO ME?
- The class teacher will meet with you formally on at least a termly basis (this could be part of Parents’ Evening meetings or separately), in order to discuss your child’s progress and the support that they are receiving
- Class teachers are always happy to discuss your child’s needs if you have questions or concerns between more formal meetings. Please speak to them directly to arrange this
- An appointment can be made with the SENCo to discuss support in more detail if required. The SENCo has weekly release time from class, usually on a Tuesday afternoon
- IPPs (Individual Pupil Plans) will be shared with you and your child (age appropriate)