Welcome to Year 3H!
In our classroom our Teacher is Miss Hoey and our supporting adults are Mrs Lee, Mrs Tighe, Mrs Harris and Mrs Barry. We are looking forwards to finding out what exciting things we will learn and explore together this year! Here are a few things that you will need to know about our class routine:
- Book bags will be checked and changed every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (books will only be changed if reading records are signed)
- Homework will be given out on Mondays ready to be handed in the following Friday (feel free to ask in the office for further information regarding our homework clubs!)
- Spellings are given out on Mondays and will be tested on Fridays.
- Our PE days are on Monday and Friday (PE kits should be left in school and they will be sent home at the end of each half term).
This term, we have been learning about Anglo-Saxon Britain. These are some of the things that we have been up to!
- 'We collected fire wood to see what it was like to do jobs in Anglo-Saxon Britain' (Miller)
- 'We created our own Anglo-Saxon houses' (Elizabeth)
- 'We learnt about Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms and acted them out!' (Gracie-May)
- 'We dressed Riley up so he looked like an Anglo-Saxon child!' (Jake)
- 'The girls collected flowers and prepared food so that we could learn about women's jobs in Anglo-Saxon Britain' (Ellis and Kaydee-Lee)
- 'We made a human time line so that we can remember who lived in Britain before us' (Madison.Y)
- 'We looked at mystery artefacts and tried to figure out what they were' (Nieve and Ethan)
- 'We looked at how Anlgo-Saxon Britain is different to Modern day Britain' (Nieve)
Practicing our Fossil Digging Skills!
This Autumn we have taken part in the Edina Trust 'Spring Bulbs' project! Our bulbs have been planted in our class planter, and we are excited to monitor them until Spring. We will measure and record the temperature and the amount of rainfall each week so that we can help to see how the weather will effect the bulb growth in Spring!
Edina Trust Spring Bulb Project!
This half term we have jumped straight into action with our new PE coach Elliot! Y3 are lucky to have Elliot helping them to learn and master skills in order for us to play cricket! After only a couple of sessions we have already spotted some budding cricket players!
As part of our half termly plants week, we have been looking at the functions of plant parts and their role in helping different plants to grow. When doing this, we created out own plants using our hands as templates and displayed them to show everybody what we have learnt.
This half term we had a fun visit from the music people who let us play on different instruments like the trombone, violin, flute and the clarinet! At the end of the visit, we all worked in teams to compose our own musical composition which we then performed to all of the year 3 and 4's!
This half term have started to learn about our bodies, skeletons, muscles and what our body needs to be healthy. We have already learnt about food groups and designed healthy pizzas to have as part of a balanced diet and then made them. They were delicious! Take a look!
During the summer term our PE coach Elliot has taught us how to play golf like experts. Today we were able to use our golfing skills on our cool Thorn golf course! Why not take a look at our professional action shots below!
Wow what a busy day we have had preparing for our summer plants festival! We have worked so hard designing and planning our garden! For the 'Once upon a time' theme, we have chosen 'Tangled/Rapunzel' to base our garden around. We have been very creative and have been excellent gardeners when tending to our garden! Why not take a look at the hard work we have done and our impressive outcome! We are so proud of our magical garden!
'Once upon a time' plants festival - Tangled/Rapunzel'
STEM WEEK - Bridge Building!